25 January 2010


This weekend was the best weekend I had in a very long time.

My sister in laws boy turned 7 this weekend (23 January 2010) and we went out to Sun City Valley of waves for the day. We were all like youngsters again…

We got up at sparrows fart to get ready and leave home, as we are about 2.5 hours drive from Sun City. As we arrived there, we quickly had our picking breakfast at the car and off we went into the queue at the little station to wait for the train to take us out to the place. Eventually the train arrived and we got in to start of the adventurous day.

On arrival we walked through the casino bits and what a stunning place, anyway as we got to the other side we handed in our tickets and went down to the sea (man made sea). We quickly got our little beach chairs, tubes for the rides, umbrellas for shading and off cause something soothing to drink. The men left us to walk the place. On their return the did the drop slide which they found very interesting; however hubby said he will never try that one again for the day. As it was Armons’ birthday we were all dedicated to spend the time with him. So off we went into the sea and waited for the waves… riding wave after wave we decided to go ride the tubes in the tunnels, but on our way there my sis in law and I decided to do the drop slide thing, which left my top under my chin, and my bikini and shorts up my bum – ha but it was great fun… From riding the waterslide (Which almost gave me a heart attack at this age), to trying to run in a ball, which I said I’ll never do - I have giggled and battled so much, I’m still aching today. It was an amazing day.

At about 6, after the Valley of waves closed down, Armon had the time to play in the entertainment centre and for one or other reason he just wanted to play with hubby and now and again his dad, but at least he had fun. We then left at about 8 and off we went home, then off cause, the family felt a bit hungry and we had to stop off and eat something at spur before they closed down, and officially left the area at about 10, which left us with about 2 hours drive still, and at last we were home at about 12:00am.

When they left, Pieter and I just went straight to bed and only got up yesterday morning at 10:00am, which just come to show, we are getting old.

1 comment:

  1. o Stunning, I so wish I could go again soon. It's a lovely place.

    Great to see you had fun, post some pics for us


I Love Comment, thank you for sending me one