13 May 2009


Well last night at about 5:30 I received a call from the Drs’ offices, and they confirmed meds I had to start taking today… well this morning. Luckily for me, I was able to make quick arrangements as a lady that works in the chemist also stay where I do, I had to pay the pharmacy and then she could take it out. The only thing was that she worked from 18:00-21:00 which meant she only gets home at about 22:00. So at 22:10 last night, I drove to her house and picked up the meds that I had to start taking. So this morning, I got up before the break of day… and at about 05:45 I was sitting in the emergency services at our hospital for my injection. Well that’s about the only place that gives injections this early, as hubby is such a chicken, and I just can’t. I have Trypanophobia, now you might laugh, but it’s so... so... so true. Now going there for the first time as all the other times I could just take the injection at the fertility clinic, it was rough. I had to complete a form to open a file, which apparently I need to do every morning I come, they asked for my ID, medical card and prescription (which I didn’t took with me), so I explained that I don’t have the prescription with me and I will be able to fax it through, the lady agreed to the arrangement and made me sit and wait while they prepare… and I sat… and I sat. Then the head nurse (or what ever she is) came out, and gave me a whole story of they can’t inject me as…. (And I through my tamper tantrum) I just had enough of the waiting, I’ll be late for work as it is, and hubby to, I just couldn’t believe that they can take so long to inject someone with the meds and swaps the person already have with them… the other hospital didn’t have an issue. Anyway, I grabbed my injection stuff, and hubby just followed, got into the car at about 6:45 and went to the other hospital. Darn, if I just knew they would have these issues, I wouldn’t have gone. Anyway we were late, late for work that is. So I quickly dropped off hubby at his work, and went through to another hospital at the fertility clinic, and they gave me the injection without hassles. Never the less, I rocked up at work an hour late, frustrated and very temperamental. So this I would assume is going to be my every 2nd day routine, unless I can find the guts to just do it myself, and it going to become more difficult now with the fact that I’m moving between companies. I just don’t know how I’ll be able to manage with the appointments…. How do you all do it?


  1. O my greatness. I would imagine you through your normal tantrum. haha, I know that tantrum!

    anyway, I'm just glad you came right. Please look after yourself

  2. Stef, I can't believe you had such issues. So sorry! I hope the rest would turn out better.

    Thinking of you always

  3. Doctors and appointments and injections and more doctors appointments. Blah!

    I gave up after 3 months - so I guess I'm no help in giving coping advice. When you find the answer to this question let me know because I will soon have to get back on it. :)

  4. ICLWer here. Just came across your blog and want to wish you the best in your journey. ((hugs))

  5. I am no help when it comes to advice. I threw in the towel before the towel was given to me.

    Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
    No. 125: The Unfair Struggle (male-factor, big remodel, friends)


I Love Comment, thank you for sending me one