12 September 2008

Acupuncture session 7

Today was another day of acupuncture, and I’m sure it almost sounds like a monotonous thing, well it sounds and feel like it, but I will do anything and everything for an opportunity to become a mommy. I think people who aren’t struggling with fertility problems, don’t understand what we are going through. Even though they try and be so sympathetic, what the hell, I don’t believe it anyway. Anyway, there I was going for my seventh acupuncture session… got there and due to a Chinese holiday Dr L was unable to assist me and her husband also a herbalist and acupuncturist assisted for the day, seeing that Dr L needs to do the woman duties and cook for the big occasion. So there I was feeling a bit out of place because I’m a bit taken out of my comfort zone with the other doctor, but hey, lets just do this… So the Dr started by taking my pulse, and asked a couple of questions, how am I feeling, do I think my body is changing, do I feel stronger etc. and I started giving all the answers… I feel crappy, my breasts is tender, my head aches from time to time, my left ovary wants to pop out, and no sleep is not an option, I feel like sleeping beauty… I sleep, sleep and sleep my life away. Then he took my right arm, and started feeling my pulse on the right arm… now he asks to stick out the tongue, to which I had a giggle but did it anyway. He quickly excused himself and went out! Then Dr L stepped in with her husband, she then felt the pulse on my left arm, then the right arm, then both, and the babble on in a language that only they will understand, the more they talk, the more worried I became. Then she asked me again, how are you feeling, your breasts, tummy, do you go to the loo normal? To which I once again had to reply, breasts… mmm, are we talking about these two things on my chest that feels like overgrown grapes, it’s so tender / sore I want to cry if my clothing touches them, my tummy is fine, my ovary feels like they want to pop, and yes I run to the loo very often, but are a bit constipated… but I suppose there’s nothing about it, just the way of nature. Maybe it’s because my body is cleaning out or something who knows…. After the explanation once again I went off to the acupuncture room, there the two Doctors stood still talking in the foreign language, discussing where the needles should go, so I got a needle in the head, one on each arm on the bend of the arm, one in my lower leg almost on my foot on each leg, one on the calf of each leg, one just above the knee of each leg, and one on each side of my ovaries, there I laid and ponder on what the big discussion was all about, I laid there and ponder for about 45 minutes. After the session Dr L came to remove the needles, and she requested that I take new herbal medicine, 10 in the morning and 10 at night, with warm water… no food or drink 30 min prior to taking medicine, nor am I allowed anything 30 min post taking medicine… On my way out, I asked Dr L what they were discussing as it really made me very uncomfortable, I knew that they were discussing me, but what about me… she replied that I must go and relax, try not to stress, or pick up anything heavy, sleep as much as what you need, no hands above the head, and try not to get exited… I then asked but why… Dr L replied that she doesn’t want to say anything seeing that it might make me exited and I insisted that she please tell me, he reply was that “we think”… “We think… there might be baby in tummy, we now wait and see” my jaw fell open; I was stunned, now it’s the big wait. Obviously the herbalists doesn’t have any technology to test, and I would know 18 September 2008, as CD1 is due, and I’ll first see if I miss my period or what ever happens… now I need to be peaceful, and leave this for the BIG Man, to decide my faith. Thought I’ll share with you all, please remember me in your prayers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comment, thank you for sending me one